Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Checking in

Hi folks. We just spent the day at the Settler's Museum of Virginia (very similar to the Pioneer Village in T-Bay). It is right on the trail so I (Matt) was able to get a good history fix without going too far off the AT. They even had these tiny steel traps that I set and then collapsed on my boot.

Last night Macey (the dog belonging to Brian and Megan) went missing from camp (she turned up eventually) but as Robert and I climbed one of the hills to shout over a ridge for her we stumbled into some of the most lush blueberries I've ever seen. Sadly the ridge was a steep slope and had been burned over a few years back so after picking a zip-lock full we were covered in tree soot from head (actually head) to hiking boot. Good berries though.

We wanted to put up some pics but seen to be having some computer trouble. Hopefully we will be able to post some more pics before we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment